Do you have skin problems? Do you have wrinkles? Your skin is dull? What if the peeling was the treatment you needed to give you a boost of pep and radiance? The peeling makes it possible, in fact, to obtain a young and radiant skin. There are several types and therefore it must be selected appropriately. To find out more, check out this guide to facial peels and their many beauty benefits!
What is a peel?
A peeling is a cosmetic treatment that consists of applying an acidic solution to the skin to slough off dead skin cells and stimulate new cell growth. In other words, it is a regenerating treatment. It is generally performed on the face but also on other parts of the body such as the neck, hands or back.
This treatment is often used to treat wrinkles, age spots, acne scarsadult acne and Pores. It dramatically improves the texture of the skin by refining the grain of the latter and smoothing it.
The peeling is preferably carried out in an institute.
The benefits of facial peels
Peels offer many benefits for the skin. First, they help remove dead cells, which improves skin texture making it softer and smoother. Peels can also help to tighten dilated pores which gives a cleaner, less wrinkled, less dull and younger appearance!
Another of its advantages isact on spots and scars. Thanks to its regenerating properties, the peel reduces age spots or old acne spots. As it stimulates the production of collagen, it is also credited with anti-aging properties. It makes the skin more supple and elastic.
How do facial peels work?
A peeling treatment consists of applying an acid solution to the skin to remove dead cells from the skin. The acids most commonly used in peels are glycolic acid, salicylic acid and trichloroacetic acid (TCA). There are also salt or sugar and sometimes even baking soda.
There are several types of more or less deep peels:
- Superficial peels only remove surface impurities from the skin;
- Others are deeper and reach deeper layers of the epidermis.
The types of peels seen in detail
- THE mechanical peeling is the one that consists of exfoliating by exfoliating. It rubs the skin with grains like fruit pits. They are made with a specific device or a brush. Those said enzymatic are gentler because they use natural enzymes for exfoliation. They are best suited for sensitive skin. Based on pineapple or even papaya, they are perfect if you tend to blush quickly after a treatment.
- THE chemical peels, they use the acids we mentioned above. They are more abrasive. Rather, they are recommended to oily skin, combination skin or acne-prone skin. They are not recommended for sensitive skin.
Each type of peeling has its advantages and disadvantages, hence the importance of choosing them according to your skin type.
What to expect during and after the facial peel?
During a facial peel, you may feel a tingling sensation or burning on your skin. This feeling should go away quickly. Depending on the type of peel you have chosen, you may feel mild irritation or redness of the skin after the treatment. This is completely normal and everything will get back to normal quickly.
After the treatment, it is important to follow your professional’s skin care instructions. For example, you should avoid sun exposure for at least a week and use a mild moisturizer to help soothe your skin.
It is also important to avoid any exfoliating product or any product containing acid for a good week. Also avoid touching or scratching the skin.
- Peeling is a treatment that is suitable for all skin types wishing to have a new look. It is necessary to choose it adapted to its type of skin and to the desired needs.
- Do not confuse it with the dermaplaning treatment which consists of shaving the skin to remove dead skin. Note that there are also peels performed with more advanced technological methods, such as laser peeling or pulsed light peeling.
- Sensitive skin should not abuse peels. It is recommended not to practice more than one or two per week.
- It is quite possible to do a home peeling by taking care to have clean skin before starting and moisturizing well afterwards.
CROWNWAY-Professional Virgin Hair Online Shop
Lace Frontal Human Hair Wigs | Vrigin Hair Bundles | Closure & Frontalhttps://crownwayhair.com