With the long-awaited release of the film “The Little Mermaid”, a new make-up trend is emerging: mermaid make-up (mermaid make-up). Far from children’s make-up, it is a colorful but discreet and above all very feminine and elegant make-up style.
Where does the Mermaid make-up trend come from?
How to reproduce mermaid makeup?
THE #mermaidmakeup went viral in just days after Bella Hadid appeared in makeup as Halle Bailey by Kat Ali, a famous cinematic make-up artist. This makeup trend is all about creating a dreamy, sea-inspired look with sparkling hues of blue, green, and purple (sometimes pink). She gives a fresh and radiant appearance to the skinwhich makes it ideal for this summer!
You may look at sublime before and after pictures mermaid make-up on the Internet but you can’t reproduce it? Here are some essential steps delivered by the pros:
- To get a mermaid makeup, you have to start by working on your complexion. The base must absolutely be impeccable. This is why it is necessary to choose a foundation of good quality.
- Once the base is laid, the focus is on the eyes. They are clearly the highlight of mermaid makeup. You can choose several shades of eyeshadow to achieve it. Most of the time, we go to shades of blue, green and purple to create an ocean-inspired look. You can also add glitter or glitter eyeshadow on the eyelids. It’s up to you to choose between a tortoiseshell eyelid, a line of blue eyeliner or colored eyeshadow. For a sublime look, do not hesitate to add false eyelashes, you will be all the more glamorous.
- The next step is to add a touch of blush on the cheeks. A blush in pink or coral tones can bring the perfect touch of color to a glowing complexion. With a highlighter, also add light to the highlights of the face such as the cheekbones, the nose and the Cupid’s bow.
- The last step of mermaid makeup is to make up her lips. A gloss type lip gloss is ideal (in pink or coral tones). You can also choose bolder shades like purple or blue if you want to stand out, but it’s more risky!
A few tips to remember:
- Complexion work is essential. Highlighter and foundation are your best allies. Know that there are colored or glittery highlighter to reinforce the shiny effect and sparkle of your makeup. Do you know the dolphin skin makeup trend? It is simply perfect for the sought-after make-up.
- Get inspired by aquatic colors for your eyes. Anything that reminds you of the ocean is a good lead;
- THE iridescent shadows are the most suitable for evening mermaid makeup ! They must be used in gradation starting from a light color in the middle of the eyelid. Three or quarter different colors can be selected. Good news for you, brands offer hundreds of ocean-inspired eyeshadow palettes! You will therefore have plenty to find in any beauty or perfumery store.
Before succeeding with your mermaid make-up, you will have to experiment with several things to find what suits you best. Don’t forget to also work on your eyebrows by combing them upwards to add modernity.
Cover photo credit @Pinterest